We’re looking for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our Omnicom Balfour Beatty team.
Omnicom Balfour Beatty is improving the performance and safety of infrastructure networks. Our award-winning solutions put data at the forefront of infrastructure asset management and help operators to predict, prevent and plan maintenance efficiently. We solve real world problems every day and we’re looking for candidates who want to make a difference to the world around them. For more information and examples of the excitign work out Omnicom Balfour Beatty team undertake click here: https://omnicombalfourbeatty.com/
You will be part of a multi-disciplined team of engineers, developers and mathematicians pulling together to create inventive and high-performance solutions for a worldwide market.
We've designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience. You will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you'll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.Our Mechanical Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited IMechE scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Engineer status.
Our engineers find physical answers to some of the biggest challenges in our industry. Join them, and you’ll find yourself shaping projects that redefine skylines and fuel societies. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
· Assessing project requirements
· Measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
· Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
· Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
· Using computer-aided design/modelling software
· Liaising with suppliers
· Undertaking relevant research
· Producing and implementing designs and test procedures
· Presenting designs to managers and clients
· Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
· Writing reports and documentation
· Providing technical advice
· Analysing and interpreting data
· Live the Balfour Beatty Values
· Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
· Support the delivery of sustainability activities
What we’re looking for:
· A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
· A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
· A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
· A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
· Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
· Demonstrate a passion for getting the right solutions to real engineering problems
· Have a team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
· Have a flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
· Eligibility to work in the UK
· A full, clean UK driving licence
Please note our graduates for the 2022 intakes will typically start from April time, through to September, please ensure when completing your online application form that you clearly state your availability and whether an April and/or September start date would work for your current circumstances.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more. Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business.
To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until Monday 14th February 2022 but we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.